Reviews: American Queen & American Prince by Sierra Simone

descriptionIt starts with a stolen kiss under an English sky, and it ends with a walk down the aisle.

It starts with the President sending his best friend to woo me on his behalf, and it ends with my heart split in two.

It starts with buried secrets and dangerous desires...and ends with the three of us bound together with a hateful love sharper than any barbed wire.

My name is Greer Galloway, and I serve at the pleasure of the President of the United States.

This is the story of an American Queen.

***

***American Queen is the first book in the American Queen Trilogy***


My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I didn't expect American Queen to be so damn good! Why did I find out on my own that this was so freaking awesome? Ok I'll admit I've seen the 5 stars reviews but I was so scared about this being a triangle, I preferred running the other way! But urgh I shouldn't have because it was perfect!

Of course, this being a very hot steamy read is all very interesting but there's more because Sierra Simone adds all the emotions that goes with a complicated relationship. While love is certainly not at stake in this book, the consequence that goes with it is not to be ignored.

"Is it possible to be a different person with two different lovers? For a woman to be different with one man than she is with another?"

I love reading "menage books", guilty pleasure or not, there's always a complexity to such relation, to such closeness that I enjoy watching all unfold in from of my eyes. I often says that the best I've read is Travis by Nicole Edwards but I might reconsider after I read American Queen because all three characters are so well developed you just feel what they feel and you just connect with them 100%. Even if this book is told solely from Greer's pov, Ash & Emery are there all along. If it wasn't complicated enough, the story is set so that Ash is the President of the United States & Emery is the Vice President.

“We know what happens when two people fall in love. It’s happened between each of us. We have to find out what happens when three people fall in love. All together, all at once.”

My weakness is Emery who deserves so much love. I feel his loneliness and it wreck me to think he was the one to always make the right thing!

I read American Queen in less that 24 hours because it was gripping, it was hot and it was spell-bounding. I couldn't put it down, I didn't want to! I'm just going to dive in American Prince right away knowing that after I'll have to wait until August to have the grand finale. But I don't care right now I need to know more!


descriptionI’ve been many things.

I’ve been a son and a stepbrother. An Army captain and a Vice President.

But only with Him am I a prince. His little prince.

Only with Maxen and Greer does my world make sense, only between them can I find peace from the demons that haunt me. But men like me aren’t made to be happy. We don’t deserve it. And I should have known a love as sharp as ours could cut both ways.

My name is Embry Moore and I serve at the pleasure of the President of the United States…for now.

This is the story of an American Prince.
 




My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I'm speechless! I'm so stunned by the whole book! Maybe mainly by the last 30 % but the whole book was so not like I expected and it was awesome! I took a good night of sleep before writing my review and I'm still overwhelmed by everything happening in the book.

I've come to know Sierra Simone is an author who pushes boundaries. She goes beyond the usual comfort zone. I saw it reading Priest and I had an insight in American Queen but in American Prince she still goes a step further. There are certain aspects that people won't be comfortable with, they are triggers and certains subjects that are really touchy but all of it makes the relation between Greer, Ash & Embry all the more interesting.

The story picks up right after the end of book 1 so you can't read this as a standalone.
Sierra does an incredible job setting the background of Ash& Embry, getting to know what they were, heir dynamics, so you won't have a choice but to fall for them both. My heart was already broken for Embry but I didn't know to which extent until I read American Prince. He was such a tortured soul needing love.

"You are a little prince, Embry Moore, in every way I can imagine. Rich and spoiled, like Sebastian…and yet dreamy and sad, like the little prince from Saint-Exupery’s book.”

While reading there were so many emotions, it was everything and his contrary:
- Jealousy and trust
- Pain and joy
- Hate and love

“I expect you to mount her. I expect you to fuck her. I expect you to make her come. And I expect her to let you.”

The chemistry between the three is very much there, off the charts once again. HEA is not yet there and I really hope there's one in the future. I want my heart to be put back together.

Now I'm left with 4 months to imagine what American King will be like and it's already hell! I'm wondering what Sierra Simone will have in store to torture us all even more and I wish I was in her head to know everything now.

No comments